Global Aviation IT Solution Architect
Global Aviation IT is looking for a motivated solution architect to join the IT Architecture team. As solution architect, you will be the key bridge between business and IT, determining to a large degree how IT is perceived by the internal customers.
You will operate in the functional domain of DHL Express’ 'Dedicated Network Management', which controls the aircraft & truck movements which are under the direct control of DHL and which transport the containerized shipments between our sorting facilities.
The main domain capabilities are:
* Movement scheduling: long term / short term maintenance of the aircraft & truck movement plan
* Movement preparation: flight dispatching, crewing, fueling, trimming, loading / offloading, aircraft maintenance, ...
* Movement execution: capturing timings, delays, routing, ...
Your prime responsibility will be to take care of the enterprise application integration aspects of the programmes and projects within or touching this domain: there is a continuous need to introduce or extend information communication services between the business applications, and this both internally (with other DHL divisions) as externally (e.g. with aviation authorities or airlines).
* Translate business requirements into a fit-for-purpose end-to-end IT system solution and document the proposed solution(s)
* Writing detailed system requirements for the integration platform
* Liaise with Enterprise Architects with regards to compliancy with corporate standards and guidelines
* Ensure the solution is supported by all stakeholders: business representatives, fellow solution architects, development teams, security architects, infrastructure architects and application support teams
* Report progress to programme management and IT project management.
What do we expect from you?
* You are an expert in writing, maintaining and reviewing detailed requirements, including diagramming techniques
* You have expert knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration patterns and software platforms that implement these (ESB, MOM, MQ products)
* You have expert experience with API management, protocols and data formats: SOAP, REST, XML/XSD, JSON, ...
* You are proficient in reviewing test designs
* You maintain and apply up-to-date specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles.
* You have experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
* You have a strong understanding of TOGAF or equivalent architecture frameworks
* You have a solid knowledge of the main products, services and business processes of the Express and transportation industry
* You are familiar with IT Security concepts
* You are an independent, flexible and analytical thinker
* You are able to perform in a very complex, multinational and multicultural environment often across multiple time zones, where consensus is critical for success
* You are fluent in spoken and written English & Dutch
Interested in this challenging position and you meet the profile? Please apply online by attaching your resume and cover letter in which you convince us you are the right candidate.
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Global
Work Permit Required
Day time only