Yard Driver Commercial (CAN) - 1558 - Brantford ON (Brantford, ON)
Must have a valid AZ Licence and current Driver's Abstract required.
- No long hauls! No highway travel!
No loading and unloading trailers!
Competitive market wages & annual wage progression!
No customer interaction!
Drives switching equipment, tractors, and straight trucks to transport goods or equipment to and from designated locations. Makes decisions in sequencing schedule to maintain efficient loading and unloading operations. Loads and unloads trailers and verifies count. Maintains a clean and safe docking area and reports any maintenance or safety issues to supervision. Refuels vehicles and documents locations and condition of equipment. Requires appropriate commercial drivers license (CDL).
- Maintain safe and efficient dock operation by switching trailers and equipment to and from docks.
- Operates commercial vehicle as defined by transportation regulations.
- Maintains equipment fuel levels and refuels equipment during appropriate times.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifying the count and condition of product. Reports overages, shortages, and damages.
- Performs daily yard checks.
- Properly secures loads, ensuring loads are within local, state and federal guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and/or logs as required by transportation regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Drives equipment to and from maintenance facility.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water. Notifies supervision of current or anticipated repair needs.
- Complies with all transportation regulations. Complies with company policies, procedures, and guidelines, including maintaining all required licensure to meet government guidelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintains valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and permits as defined by the transportation regulations
- Ability to successfully driver tests
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn