Solution Designer (m/f/x) CSI EMEA
TODAY, YOU’RE STIMULATING THE WAY A CUSTOMER SUCCEEDS.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Customer Solutions & Innovation (CSI) is DHL's cross-divisional commercial and innovation unit. We are responsible for managing about 100 of DHL's largest and most strategically important customers providing them with sector expertise, best in class account management and most innovative products & solutions.
Our mission as CSI Solution Design is to leverage DPDHL capabilities to design and deliver leading supply chain solutions which meet customer needs and drive profitable net growth.
Often CSI customers require cross divisional and complex supply chain solutions. In close collaboration with the divisional product and solution teams we build customized and integrated solutions for the largest and most demanding customers of DPDHL. Together with the commercial teams our solution design team identifies, designs and delivers sustainable supply chain solutions.
- Lead cross business unit (entire DPDHL) and cross functional (product, pricing, commercial, IT, innovation etc) team in order to design and develop competitive, profitable and implementable supply chain solutions
- Achieve in depth understanding of industry trends, business units service offering and specific accounts supply chain set ups (incl. challenges, gaps, opportunities etc.)
- Facilitate research and discovery workshops to build potential pipeline
- Drive sector engagement plan to ensure sufficiency of "solution intensive" business pipeline for sector
- Align and review regularly with sales leaders on sector engagement plan
- (RFQ) Ensure incorporation of (previously built) solutions or value propositions in RFQ submission to differentiate DPDHL offer
- Generate thought leadership in solution innovation for assigned sector / domain, especially cross BU solution offerings
- Share best practices and develop/leverage relationships with sector/BU/Solution community
- Bachelor Degree/Tertiary Education in related discipline and 5-10 years of experience in related field or Master Degree and generally at least 3-7 years of experience in related field
- Degree in Industrial Engineering / Engineering / Logistics / Supply Chain Management preferred
- Experience in multiple DPDHL Business Units (3 years minimum) or equivalent external industry experience
- Knowledge of DHL operations, products, and capabilities or equivalent excellent knowledge of the spectrum of logistics services and modes
- Good business knowledge of supply chain management, including distribution channels, total landed costs, international trade, supply chain metrics
- Solution Design / Consulting / Process engineering experience
- Undertaken sizeable supply chain design projects
- Strong scoping skills (ability to size up multiple inputs, filter noises and pinpoint the objectives of projects quickly)
- Strong story lining skills (focus on end-in-mind and ability to envision the approach and steps to deliver the message at start of project)
- Highly developed analytical skills (highly efficient in analytics, sizing up data, charting to depict required message)
- Experience deck crafting skills (ability to crystallize key message in every slides, effective usage of chartings, focus on quality of deliverables)
- Good problem solving skills - critical thinking, minimum viable product
- Experience in handling cross BU, cross region, multi-function project with a mix of stakeholders, via project management methodology and efficient management of timeline and content input
- Stakeholder management skills: ability to manage different stakeholders expectation and alignment
- Communication & interpersonal skills, negotiation, convincing pitch, elevator speech, working with virtual teams
- Excellent team player
- Business acumen and understanding of key financial and commercial principles
- Strong international exposure and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Service design and/or product development skills or experience favorable
Anna Kortmann will be happy to answer your questions via telephone +49 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
Deutsche Post DHL Research and Innovation GmbH