Senior Supply Chain Consultant – DHL Consulting Europe
At DHL Consulting, people are our biggest asset. Our team in Bonn, Germany currently seeks talented young professionals that are interested in pursuing a career in supply chain consulting.
As a Senior Supply Chain Consultant, you will focus on our external business and work together with customers of Deutsche Post DHL Group. You will be part of DHL Consulting’s Strategic Logistics Consulting (SLC) practice group. This role will focus on our SLC business in the EMEA region.
With topics covering supply chain strategy, supply chain transformation, operational excellence and Digitalization, Analytics & Supply Chain IT, it supports clients to achieve strategic business objectives through best-in-class supply chains. Learn more about our SLC services here: https://dhl-consulting.com/expertise/supply-chain-consulting/
You lead the development of topic expertise for supply chain optimization capabilities for DHL Consulting’s SLC practice globally. You contribute to the development of our SLC service offerings, drive supply chain optimization on projects and support supply chain project acquisition activities, working with other Supply Chain Consultants and Management Consultants.
- At least three years work experience in supply chain consulting or solution design with some strategic focus
- Experience with at least 2-3 of the following supply chain methodologies: network modeling & optimization, supply chain mapping, inventory optimization, transport optimization, omnichannel supply chain design, S&OP, warehouse design, production planning)
- Experience with supply chain optimization tools such as Llamasoft’s Supply Chain Guru or comparable tools preferred
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI/Tableau are a bonus
- Outstanding University records; degree in supply chain or related field preferred
- Fluency in English along with international experiences gained through work or studies
- Excellent analytical and conceptual capabilities; strong quantitative skills
- Strong presentation skills, especially presenting technical results to business stakeholders
- Ability to work equally well independently and in a team setting, coaching Supply Chain Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Willingness to travel to support global projects as needed
- Variety of exciting projects in supply chain with a diverse range of clients, among them the global top players in their industry
- Direct cooperation with top management and early responsibility for your projects
- Specific training designed around your unique potential a suitable career path that facilitates your personal and professional growth
- A diversity of clients and colleagues in our four offices globally as part of a project work or office exchange programs
- Attractive salary package and good development perspective within Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Opportunity to shape the future of our SLC practice
- A highly collaborative team built on mutual respect and support
Submit your application in English including your CV, cover letter, academic and high school records and your references letters (if applicable).
Call us if you have any questions. We’d be happy to hear from you: +49 (0)228 182 22828
- Who we are:
DHL Consulting is an essential part of the world’s leading mail and logistics company, Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL Group), with unparalleled access to its most important people – the top management of this prominent global organization.
We have two key responsibilities at DHL Consulting. We provide a broad range of management consulting and business transformation services to all DPDHL business divisions, and we deliver strategic supply chain consulting services to many DPDHL Group customers.
Consultants in DHL Consulting therefore have the unique opportunity to experience both in-house and external consulting projects. As DPDHL Group offices and customers are located in 220 countries and territories, this can take you virtually anywhere in the world!
- Our Job:
DHL Consulting combines business experience and logistics expertise to effectively answer the multifaceted business challenges of DPDHL Group. Our strategic advisory services help the Group’s businesses to run better, adding value and delivering internal objectivity.
We draw on the collective project experience of DHL Consulting and we leverage the Group’s global wealth of industry leading research and innovation. In addition, we freely apply industry benchmarks, external case studies, international precedents, and fresh thinking. With our broad understanding of DPDHL Group, we identify key challenges, develop customized solutions, look beyond specific business areas, and implement change quickly and efficiently. To help the organization stay ahead of the curve, we work on many digitalization projects.
Our professional advice nurtures and enables supply chain evolution for DPDHL Group customers in a wide range of sectors and industries, including automotive, energy, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, retail, technology, and more.
Today, more than 100 consultants work globally for DHL Consulting. Our four offices are located in China, Germany, Singapore, and the USA, and assignments can take consultants almost everywhere on the planet.
Our business is people-based and your development is our priority. We have an excellent track record of developing high-potential consultants for subsequent managerial positions in DHL Consulting and in DPDHL Group. On your career journey, your responsibilities will grow – new consultants will focus on delivering great projects; senior consultants or project managers will take on team and project leadership; partners will manage customer relationships and develop business. Along the way, we will support you with a trust-based feedback culture, an individual mentor assigned from the management team, and a comprehensive training curriculum.
Are you curious to learn more about us?
Find our project portfolio: www.dhl-consulting.com
Check out our business updates: www.linkedin.com/company/dhlconsulting
Learn about our recruiting activities: www.facebook.com/dhlconsulting
Gain insights into our team culture: www.instagram.com/dhl_consulting
Deutsche Post DHL Group
No matter where you live, we bet you have encountered our vans on your way to university, spotted our airplanes on one of your study trips, or received your latest parcel delivered directly by Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), the biggest logistics company in the world. With more than 540,000 employees in over 220 countries and territories worldwide, DPDHL generated revenues of more than €61 billion in 2018. The company offers integrated services and tailored, customer-focused solutions for managing and transporting mail, cargo, equipment, and information. It is divided into five main divisions:
- Post & Parcel Germany
- DHL Express
- DHL Global Forwarding & Freight
- DHL Supply Chain
- DHL eCommerce Solutions
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES
Facts and Figures
DHL Consulting GmbH
Work Permit Required