SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST - MACHINE LEARNING (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST (M/F) - MACHINE LEARNING
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
As an experienced machine learning expert working for the Deutsche Post DHL Group, you will ensure that state-of-the-art machine learning methods are applied in the team. You will run projects in a wide variety of applications, bringing business benefits to our operative divisions by challenging and collaborating with other Data Scientists on applied methodologies throughout projects. Tasks might include developing models that forecast daily shipment volumes for accurate operational capacity planning, or predicting customer behavior along the whole customer journey.
Specifically, you will derive an analytical framework for data analytics projects based on the concrete business requirements and operational processes. You will conduct data analyses, develop machine learning models, implement prototypes and guide the team conceptually. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members of top management. In order to embed data-driven decision-making in operations, you will drive the build-up of methodological skills and knowledge transfer acquired from completed projects.
You will also use your expertise to help identify new strategic application areas, use cases, or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in business environment or research
- Experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models, also in a practical context
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning from a theoretical as well as from a practical perspective, profound knowledge in deep learning is a plus
- Very good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Experience with the following Big Data technologies is a plus: Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Ability to produce outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Very good written and spoken English, German proficiency is a plus
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from operational specialists to members of top management
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
We offer you excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Katrin König, head of Data Analytics, Corporate Development will be happy to answer your questions over the telephone. She can be reached at the following number: +49 228 189 63374.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application including cover letter, CV, references and your desired salary. You can find further information on https://www.dpdhl.jobs/data-science
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
SNL HR Deutschland
Work Permit Required
Day time only