Senior Central Tender Manager (m/f)
TODAY, YOU’RE DISCOVERING YOUR NEW CAREER PATH.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE DISCOVERING NEW WAYS TO CONNECT THE WORLD.
We are DHL Freight – a group of 13,000 road cargo experts operating in more than 40 countries, who are proud to provide their customers with the best overland freight transport solutions. We are always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity, predicting the next potential issue, anticipating the next global trend. Because at DHL Freight, we’re not simply about freight forwarding. We’re about forward thinking ways to connect people – and improve their lives.
We are looking for a Senior Central Tender Manager(m/f/x) full-time. In this role you will steer the offer development, be responsible for managing the process to respond to highly complex tenders within customer deadline and for achieving and maintaining a high success rate in winning tenders.
- Develop solutions meeting Customer requirements together with functional experts and other stakeholders involved.
- Involve required functional experts, regions, countries and business units and facilitate alignment between team members
- Identify best way of operating customer volumes within customer’s requirements and find optimal combination of DHL Freight’s products to satisfy those requirements.
- Identify gaps of solution compared to standard products and establish workaround solutions with Operations
- Simulate customer shipments on cost and service level as well as versus a customer tariff
- Support Bid Owner during negotiation, by providing specifications, detailed solution documentation and re-working the pricing analysis
- Support country tender teams by advising on the tender process for tenders
Our perfect match:
- Profound knowledge of Freight business and logistics industry mandatory
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in road freight tender management
- Project Management skills, Pricing and Operations knowledge
- Solution Design driven
- High level of self-motivation and flexibility
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to process large amounts of data and ability to gather all
other relevant information about the business and needs of Customers;
- Goal oriented with commercial feel using strong negotiation skills to challenge internal stakeholders
- Good all round communicator with written, oral and presentation skills, ability to quickly communicate complex issues and requests to stakeholders in a clear and simple way
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time and work under high pressure of tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of IT-environments and planning methodologies (e.g. Center of Gravity planning)
- Good skills in MS Excel and MS Access
Beatrice Bowe will be happy to answer your questions at B.Bowe@dhl.com. Interested in this opportunity?
Please click on Apply and send us your complete application.
Facts and Figures
DHL Freight GmbH
Work Permit Required