Reporting & BI Specialist
We are DHL Freight – a group of 13,000 road cargo experts operating in more than 40 countries, who are proud to provide their customers with the best overland freight transport solutions. We are always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity, predicting the next potential issue, anticipating the next global trend. Because at DHL Freight, we’re not simply about freight forwarding. We’re about forward thinking ways to connect people – and improve their lives.
At the moment, we are writing history by building a new transport management system (TMS) that will enable us to become more efficient in our processes and better serve our customers. As a Reporting & BI Specialist, you will beresponsible for establishing, building and maintaining all business related data intelligence solutions including but not limited to Commercial, Financial & Operations reporting.This is an opportunity to be on the ground level of defining how the business needs to be driving on its core Input and output metrics.
We are looking for a creative thinker with deep analytics knowledge who knows how to execute and deliver from concept. As a Reporting & BI Specialist, you will play a key role in the development of key business indicators related to the transportation operations, financial key-figures, sales development and administration/controlling. You will need to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders including - business, IT experts, finance, sales & marketing, and operations teams. To be successful, you should demonstrate the ability to balance excellent analytical and technical skills while clearly driving communication and collaboration with other key partners. As a member of the team, you will also have the opportunity to leverage your passion for data to create high impact solution designs.
- Provide key business inputs, understand and translate business needs into technical language / model.
- Build & maintain effective relationships with project owners/sponsors. Development of open and strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Design and execute analytic projects in collaboration with business, product, data engineering, finance, sales, business analysts, and other specialists.
- Build data visualization reports and tools for self-service consumption of data.
Analyze and extract relevant information from large sized structured and unstructured datasets to help automate and optimize key processes.
- Analyze and validate data to ensure high data quality and reliable insights.
- Partner with business teams/stakeholders to improve data assets, quality, metrics and insights.
- Write concise documents communicating results to stakeholders and visualize data to drive decision making
- Owner Business KPI’s and KPI reporting implementation, act as a single point of contact for all matters pertaining to all required reports and related information as well as support in automating reports and workflows.
- Collaborate with various functions, IT development and external vendors when required for customization/development of tools which specifically meet business needs, research, tools & program design.
- Lead and participate in User Acceptance Testing, including validation of programs before implementation.
- Degree in Business, IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Good knowledge of SQL queries / query design, and one object oriented language is an asset.
- Affinity for numbers and data analysis / Competence in data manipulation skills.
- Lateral thinker able to work outside constraints of as-is model.
- Experience in building databases, reporting/BI tools in MS Excel (VBA) or Access.
- Experience with ORACLE/Tableau/PowerBI/Qlik or other BI platforms.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/KANBAN processes and principles or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology (DePICT, Prince 2) is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to details and you like to structure and organize things so that they make sense.
- Able to work effectively within a global, multi-cultural, cross-functional program in virtual teams.
- Spoken and written English, other European languages are an advantage
Kristina Gondova will be happy to answer your questions email@example.com. Interested in this opportunity? Please click on Apply and send us your complete application
Facts and Figures
DHL Freight GmbH