Principal Azure Cloud Consultant / Solution Architect (m/f/x)
Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Global Business Services 57034 12. January, 2021Apply
BONN, PERMANENT AND FULL TIME
IT Services is the internal and international IT service provider for Deutsche Post DHL Group with locations in Germany, Czech Republic, Malaysia, India and the USA.
Together we are delivering IT services to all divisions of the company.
As a Principal Solution Architect, you will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives based on Microsoft Azure Cloud Stack IaaS, PaaS and SaaS hosting models. We are searching for an exceptional Solution Architect who wants to work with the best, develop their skills as leaders and create positive change.
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead a group of colleagues in project organization
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Consult customers on technical aspects of installation, sizing, scaling
- Support development teams in technical questions of continuous integration/continuous delivery, delivery organizations
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
- Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
- Excellent technical cloud solutions architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Azure services (Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Storage Account
- Understanding of load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls in cloud environment
- Setup monitoring (performance metrics, OMS)
- Azure Active Directory basics:
- Azure AD authentication
- Users and groups
- Manage, develop, build CI/CD pipeline, including:
- PowerShell scripting for custom tasks automation
- ARM templates writing, setup automation for resources provisioning (Azure PowerShell)
- Migration of on prem-servers to public cloud; SAP Hana migration experience to MS Azure beneficiary
- Microsoft Azure certifications preferred
- Microsoft Azure Expert certification would be real bonus to have
As an employer we are offering you excellent social benefits, competitive salary structures and relevant development opportunities. In addition you can benefit from our flexible working time with compensatory time off and the possibility to work from home. Furthermore we are offering free parking spaces for our employees, a job ticket as well as other benefits via our employee portal.
Please apply online via the Button "Apply now".
For further questions, please contact Christian Behre: +49 175 9262444
More info? Just visit us on https://de.dpdhl.jobs/itsgermany.
Facts and Figures
Deutsche Post IT Services GmbH
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn