Events Manager (m/w/d)
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Customer Solutions & Innovation (CSI) is DHL's cross-divisional commercial and innovation unit. We are responsible for managing about 100 of DHL's largest and most strategically important customers providing them with sector expertise, best in class account management and most innovative products & solutions.
The Events Manager (m/f/d) drives the delivery of top customer conferences (including global sector conferences) and events across all industry sectors and Innovation. Activities include the planning, execution and controlling of key CSI events and span across conference logistics and operations, vendor negotiation & management as well as branding.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Management of Events
- Execute and control key DHL events including sector conferences, events and trade fairs across all sectors
- Responsible for management of an event, end-to-end, or own selected work streams within a larger project organization
- Manage DHL representation at trade fairs E2E, in alignment and in coordination with internal stakeholders
- If necessary, be present on site for events to steer efforts, vendors and internal parties and ensure flawless execution
Overall Event Logistics
- Conduct location/ venue search based on a high level briefing; Conduct site visit to determine suitability (hotels, dinner venues, site tours)
- Negotiate vendor agreements and ensure cost effectiveness, quality standards and legal requirements are met
- Catering (Food & Beverage) Management - analyze requirements, develop catering options and proposal, steer implementation, sign off on BOEs
- Exhibition planning and executing for large conferences: determine layout, # of exhibitors, booth setup; liaise with internal and external partners to sign up exhibitors; be point of contact on site
Overall Event Operations
- Prepare and initiate invitation and registration management including communications plan for customers, internals and vendors
- Determine branding and collateral needs, work with graphic support & agencies on developing and printing relevant material
Building and Enhancing Event Mgt Function, Processes and Tools
- Leverage best practices and resources
- Provide continuity in terms of customer experience and quality across all events Provide value and cost savings while utilizing the best quality and type of production elements
- Prepare event budget
- Track execution and ensure adherence to approved budget
- Manage projects of varying degrees of complexity from small regional events to large global conferences
- Ongoing management of external resources & suppliers
3. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline and 8-11 years’ experience in related field or MS/MA and generally 5-7 years’ experience
- At least 5-8 years of international work experience in Events Management/ Marketing/ Consultancy and experience with event management software
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of event planning and management of larger conferences
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of key negotiation points e.g. w/ hotels, A/V providers, F&B as well as understanding the implications of decisions that are made
- Understanding of legal and compliance aspects
- Excellent English skills both written and verbal
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Good project management skills, critical thinking, strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self/motivated team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent meeting facilitation, presentation and communication skills. Strong understanding of marketing tactics and planning processes
- Engaged and demonstrate exceptional positive attitude
Ms. Anna Kortmann is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 228 182 47712.
Please apply online (Please use the button Bewerben or Apply!)!
Facts and Figures
DPDHL Research & Innovation GmbH
Work Permit Required