Director Commercial API Strategy (m/f)
Director Commercial API Strategy (M/F)
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
We are looking for a Director Commercial API Strategy (m/f) who will be responsible for defining the DPDHL Group Commercial Application Programming Interface (API) strategy in our Digital Customer Interactions Team.
The possible locations where the incumbent could be placed are Bonn/Germany or Plantation/US.
- Definition of DPDHL Group Application Programming Interface (API) commercial strategy - which APIs does DPDHL need to successfully integrate our services via APIs in customer and 3rd party environments
- Review and optimize all existing APIs of DPDHL, working with customers to define API strategy and quantify its business impact
- Responsible to develop a customer friendly API environment with focus on ease of use and benefits for our customers and partners while protecting DPDHL Brand, IP and data
- In cooperation with the technical group API team responsible to define access strategy for all customer facing APIs
- Develop a clear internal API environment to enable sharing functionalities and data across all business units
- Conduct interview-led customer engagements to analyze API maturity against industry/internal benchmarks
- Undertake qualitative research and financial modeling to articulate customer-specific business value
- Act as DPDHL API ambassador by defining training material and conducting internal presentations/ webinars with the goal to enable “API first” product development for the group
- Present strategy and key findings to senior executive management and other key business / IT stakeholders
- Definition of API business analytics requirements for DPDHL in close cooperation with technical API management teams
- Continuous market analysis to identify business opportunities and trends in the overall API community
- Manage BU alignment and interfaces to Executives in Sales and Integration teams
- University degree or comparable qualification with preference in information technology / business administration or alike
- Relevant professional experience of at least 10-12 years
- Excellent in English, business fluent in German or willingness to learn
- Experience in eCommerce Software environment such as Webshop Software, Order Management systems, ERP systems, shipping software vendors, shipping plugins, logistic management software
- Deep understanding of API principles, market/industry standards in web service and micro service architecture, practical experience highly relevant
- Experience in managing strategic customers with strong and convincing communication skills
- Proven track record of successfully designing and implementing API strategy for large companies
- Excellent analytics skills with the ability to gather insights for business strategies
- Practical experience in project management and leading teams
- Overall knowledge of the logistics industry especially with the focus on integration technologies/requirements
- Knowledge of DPDHL group product portfolio and its specific business models
- Excellent analytics and conceptual skills
- Experience in moderation of international teams
- Strong passion for APIs with deep understanding of the business values and benefits
- Ability to self-organize
- Professional moderation and presentation skills
- Very good team player with ability to adopt to different environments/cultures maintaining integrity and loyalty at any time
- Positive thinking and „can do“ mentality with the ability to assertiveness in complex business organizational environments, positive attitude in handling uncertainty
- Empathy, ability to convince experts and management
- Start-up / entrepreneur –Mindset
- Readiness to take on responsibility
- Willingness to travel domestic and internationally
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Ms. Anna Kortmann is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
Information on usage of your personal data in the recruiting context:
Details about the processing of your personal data such as legal bases, purposes, access rights and, if applicable, recipients, storage periods and your data subject rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applicable law from May 25th, 2018 as well as contact details of the Group company responsible for the processing of your personal data, the Data Protection Officer and of the competent Data Protection Supervisory Authority can be obtained http://www.dpdhl.com/en/data_protection.html or from your recruiter.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
DPDHL Research & Innovation GmbH
Work Permit Required