DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
As an experienced Data Scientist in the Deutsche Post DHL Group, you will work with our operative departments to solve concrete business problems. In a team of Data Scientists, you will jointly apply mathematical methods such as time series analysis, operations research methods and machine learning to answer a wide range of questions. I Tasks might include predicting daily shipment volumes for accurate operational capacity planning, or handling both the real-time optimization of costs and the utilization of a transport network which connects more than 200 countries.
Taking the business requirements and operational processes into account, you will derive an analytical framework for data analytics projects. You will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, implement prototypes and guide the team conceptually. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members of top management. In order to embed data-driven decision-making in operations, you will help to build up methodological skills and to apply the knowledge gained from successfully-completed projects.
You will also use your expertise to help identify new strategic application areas, use cases or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or mathematical optimization
- Experienced in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models; also in a practical context
- Good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Experience in working with databases (relational, NoSQL)
- Ability to produce creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Very good written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from operational specialists to members of top management
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
We offer you excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Katrin König, head of Data Analytics, Corporate Development will be happy to answer your questions over the telephone. She can be reached at the following number: +49 228 189 63374.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application including cover letter, CV, references and your desired salary. You can find further information on https://www.dpdhl.jobs/data-science.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
SNL HR Deutschland
Work Permit Required
Day time only