DATA ENGINEER (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
DATA ENGINEER (M/F)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
DPDHL Group has set up a new and global big data architecture as part of the Group’s digitalization agenda. We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts to work in this area. You will be responsible for expanding and streamlining our data- and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing the flow and collection of data for cross-functional teams. You will preferably have experience in data pipeline building as well as in data wrangling, and you enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. In your role, you will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists with data initiatives, as well as ensuring that the optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. It is essential that you are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You are the right candidate to join our team if you are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- 2 or more years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores
- Experience in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g. Nifi, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Advanced experience Scala, Java, Python, etc.
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Katrin König, head of Data Analytics, Corporate Development will be happy to answer your questions via telephone: +49 228 182-93374.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
SNL HR Deutschland
Work Permit Required
Day time only