BIG DATA ARCHITECT (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
BIG DATA ARCHITECT (M/F)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
DPDHL has set up a new global big data architecture as part of the Group’s digitalization agenda. Reporting to the project leader, you will shape the overall strategic direction of the architecture’s technological set-up and develop a roadmap for scaling and technological enhancement. For the scaling process, you will transform the big data architecture from an agile project setting into a regular product in DPDHL’s portfolio, drawing on both your knowledge of big data technology, and the latest innovations in this field to provide guidance on the feasibility, development, and implementation of technological features. You will manage and oversee IT service providers, and work with a team of internal DevOps and data engineers to implement complex IT solutions for the big data ecosystem.
- University degree in computer science, applied mathematics, physics or related natural sciences; alternatively a technical degree or comparable qualification
- At least five years‘ experience of leading big data architecture projects involving large-scale, varied-source data ingestion, modelling and profiling
- Significant big data experience in the corporate sector, ideally within a multinational company with complex business- and functional structures
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge big data technology and big data ecosystems (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Graphx, Hive)
- Significant experience in microservice implementation and CI/CD
- DevOps experience for Big Data platforms such as MapR
- Very good written and spoken English; German is an advantage but not essential
- Accomplished in setting up and managing complex technology projects which involve various internal and external stakeholders
- Clear, persuasive manner, with the ability to explain complex technical content to a range of audiences, from operational specialists to top management
- Skilled in finding solutions based on thorough analysis; team player but also an independent, determined, and resilient problem-solver
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Katrin König, head of Data Analytics, Corporate Development will be happy to answer your questions via telephone: +49 228 182-93374.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Facts and Figures
SNL HR Deutschland
Work Permit Required
Day time only