API Project Lead (m/f/d)
Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Corporate Center req74863 19/06/2019Apply
The Deutsche Post AG Headquarter (Corporate Center) in Bonn is currently looking for an:
API Project Lead (m/f/x)
Unlimited contract | fulltime | Primary location Bonn
As API Project Lead (m/f/x) you will be responsible for the following tasks:
Taking charge of building the digital future of our APIs:
- Drive and define the extension of our Application Programming Interfaces (API) portfolio (group-wide and divisional) using our API management platform
- Understand the needs of our customers, partners and stakeholders and translate them into requirements and roadmaps for further development
- Contribute to the identification of relevant strategic group-wide or cross-divisional API strategies and architectures
- Plan and prepare materials for IT decision-making bodies by setting the agenda and tracking progress; monitor and guide the implementation of decisions and initiatives, in particular for the IT board and divisional IT API management
- Contribute towards and coordinate with the divisions on divisional convergence roadmaps, ensuring that divisional APIs are built to be compatible with group API standards and architecture guidelines; modernize divisional APIs and integrate them with the group platform
- Conceptualize and coordinate input for our architects, technical teams and business owners regarding APIs to achieve the planned business capabilities
Connecting API professionals within and beyond our company:
- Identify relevant industry bodies and expert groups for API and logistics standards
- Interact with experts in the field and organize our engagement in public forums and groups
- Organize and prepare content for professional exchange events such as conferences
Define process improvements and put them into practice:
- Identify improvements for our API platforms and products
- Develop, change and adopt processes around our digital products and IT, worth the aim of managing our APIs
- Identify, transfer and apply best practices to optimize processes, systems and methods in the field of IT
Convince us with:
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology or a related field of study as well as relevant professional experience of at least 4 years
Experience and know-how:
- Experience in project management, expert project methods and product ownership ideal
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in the area of use case, process and data modeling and analysis; ability to translate complex business requirements into technical designs
- Proof of applied and practical technical knowledge e.g. in programming, data modelling and data structures
- Knowledge of modern IT architecture topics and approaches
- Knowledge of API-relevant products and open source solutions or willingness and confidence to acquire these skills thoroughly and quickly
- Very sound knowledge of Office productivity tools, MS Office and IT management tools
- Very good written and spoken English skills, knowledge of German is an advantage
- Experience in moderating working groups in an international context
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to communicate complex technical content to key project participants
- “Can do" attitude, perseverance and assertiveness in organizational and technical challenges, positive attitude towards working in dynamic environments
- Start-up and entrepreneurial mindset
- Attractive remuneration and additional benefits
- Company pension plan
- Comprehensive training
- Individual talent program
- Flexible working hours and part-time mobile working
- Active assistance with child support
- Diverse health services and programs
- In-house canteen and free drinks
- Parking spaces / job ticket
- International career opportunities
Who are we?
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world's leading provider of postal and logistics services. As one of the world's largest employers in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world through different eyes. With our network focused on service, quality and sustainability, we connect people around the world and improve their quality of life. This applies not only to our customers, but also to every single member of our team.
Now it´s your turn:
Are you interested in this new professional challenge?
Find out more about us at www.dpdhl.com and apply today via our career portal. We look forward to receiving your application!
What do we need?
To better assess your profile, please send us your complete application documents and your salary requirements.
Any further questions?
Feel free to contact Mr. Sven Rötzel (+49 (0) 228 182-52128) for all questions.
MENSCHEN VERBINDEN. LEBEN VERBESSERN.
Facts and Figures
Deutsche Post DHL Corporate Center
Work Permit Required