Packaging Supervisor (CAN-N) - 1998 - Bolton ON CNRC (Bolton, ON)
Packaging Operations Supervisor
Provide operational leadership for a dynamic business profile, managing significant volatility in daily and seasonal requirements, executed with primarily an agency labor workforce. Demonstrate ability to work in a production environment.
Maximize the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the packaging operation by providing leadership, focusing on customer requirements, operational performance, a motivated workforce, succession planning and making DHL a great place to work.
Would you like to join the Logistics Company for the World? Have you often wondered how products get from point A to point B? DHL Supply Chain does just that.
Become an essential part of everyday life, by contributing to an organization that is Connecting People and Improving Lives. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities… we look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
To co-ordinate and supervise the shift, daily and weekly activity within the packaging department while keeping a focus on quality; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the workforce, executing against customer / site and quality requirements, and "making DHL Supply Chain a great place to work"
- Provide a professional environment with relation to external/internal customers such as warehouse/office associates, vendors, customer representatives and drivers
- Execute daily customer / vendor contract requirements and ensure necessary documentation/tracking is completed as assigned
- Create and maintain a positive workplace environment through effective leadership/communication techniques, addressing full time & contract associate issues in a timely manner and fostering a team oriented atmosphere
- Direct the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates
- Organize and lead the focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that first stresses effectiveness by improving processes and secondly stresses the efficiency of associate work
- Deliver associate performance reviews, assist succession planning as appropriate
- Ensure compliance to the routines as outlined in the site SOP's, GMP's and safety guidelines
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and effectively implemented (i.e. accounting, operational, safety, regulatory and administrative)
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function/production line, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action
- Participate in the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and site requirements
- Assist in accurately tracking/maintaining packaging material, finished good production, line reconciliation and supplies
- Assist in project pricing (C&F's) when required
- Ensure/assist Shift / Daily / Weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e. staffing, equipment, space & FG production)
- Participate in the completion of workshop action plans, projects and best practice sharing/implementation
Required Education and Experience
- 1-2 years logistics industry experience, preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in lead / supervisor / management role
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.
- 1+ years primary or secondary packaging operations experience (contract packaging, CPG or healthcare industry), preferred
- Lean, production management background, preferred
- Production systems, SAP knowledge, preferred
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn