Position: Warehouse Operative
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time) Mon - Fri 8:00am - 17:00
Closing Date for Applications: 1st March 2019
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage the stock put away and pick operations, leading and supervising a team of prison inmates to carry out these functions to ensure the safe, efficient and accurate distribution of orders to prisoners.
What is involved in the Role?
• Working within the confines of HM Prisons, the role is subject to gaining HMP Security Clearance
• Instructing and training a group of prisoners in an enclosed environment
• Working in close proximity (face to face contact with prisoners)
• Handling prisoner complaints in a calm, professional manner.
• Understanding how to challenge prisoners and HM Prison Staff
• Develop positive working relationships with HM Prison Service Staff
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Ensuring that all daily duties, procedures and processes are completed and adhered to on a day to day basis to ensure a high level of service is received by the customer.
• Managing a team of prisoners as appropriate by ensuring that each team member has the skill required to carry out their job role.
• Full compliance to all Health and Safety regulations, ensuring that all Health & Safety policies and procedures within their areas of responsibility are complied with and fully maintained. Report any and all accidents and near misses to the Warehouse Man.
• Assisting in co-ordinating your team to accomplish the weekly processing, picking, packing, and the dispatch of orders to prisoners.
• Ensuring orders are completed and distributed within the agreed times.
• Complying with all Prison Service regulations, including security.
• Ensuring all delivery queries are dealt with using the applicable process and reported to Workshop Manager/Supervisors.
• Ensuring all relevant DHL operational documents are completed accurately/timely.
• Handling stock with care and consideration to minimize damages.
• Ensuring the returns procedure is followed in the event of stock being damaged or an unfulfilled order at distribution.
• Ensuring agreed KPI's are met.
• Planning resources to ensure activities on shift are achieved.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team in a challenging environment.
• Ability to coach diverse teams and show leadership with setting an example.
• Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a strong environment.
• Ability to complete paperwork acutely and the ability to coach others
• Able to use own initiative to solve problems and proactively implement the solution.
• Good analytical and numerical skills.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only