Position: Financial Controller
Grade: RCS J
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 15th December 2018
For the role of Financial Controller you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage the running of a controlled and efficient finance function, working within DPDHL guidelines to deliver accurate financial results in a strong control-focused environment; to manage financial / commercial risk and opportunities for margin improvement. Acting as a trusted Finance Business Partner to support and advise DSC operational, commercial and direct line finance teams as well as the customer. Active role in delivering the UK&I finance strategy.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Provide financial governance and support as a finance business partner.
• Deliver solutions to minimise financial and commercial risk on existing contracts and improve efficiency, profitability and cash flow. Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making process.
• Ensure that changes in commercial and financial requirements are communicated and implemented promptly.
• Build solid relationships with both external and internal customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice.
• Support the operations team with start-ups, projects and strategic opportunities ensuring commercial propositions are developed and implemented.
• Manage multiple stakeholders - Internal - Collaboration within BU peer group, UKI Commercial team, UKI finance team, Accenture, PWC and own area finance team. External - day to day customer relationships including their finance team
• Support commercial issues and discussions with the Customer around contract, once operational, including rate reviews, KPI and gain share performance, or changes in contract.
• Ensure financial and customer reporting & forecasting aids decision making and monitors progress.
• Deliver BU and UKI strategy
• Adopt and deliver the UKI Finance strategy
• Senior finance reference point for Operational counterparts and BD leads
• Align to the strategic direction of the business and the associated initiatives.
• Ensure financial controls are highly effective and compliant with group policies and are maintained and communicated
• To create and maintain first class financial reporting in adherence to group policies
• Identify and manage financial and commercial risk through a thorough understanding of commercial terms, on-going performance, and other influencing factors.
• Understand and manage sources of profit delivery including flex budgets, gain share, KPIs, pricing mechanisms etc.
• Manage and monitor the ongoing and future financial performance of the business to ensure management can optimise decision making.
• Create, drive & manage improvement programmes to aid business efficiency and profitability.
• As required support the preparation of contracts & business cases from a commercial & financial perspective, working with other stakeholders (e.g. legal, risk, property, tax) to ensure profit optimisation & risk mitigation. (Where not supported by the commercial team)
• Undertake cost builds to support renewal and new business opportunities utilising existing knowledge and UKI best practice
• Ensure adherence to DPDHL accounting standards, business compliance, policies and procedures are adopted and complied with within own area.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Influence business decision by demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
• People Management experience
• Excellent communication skills at all levels across the business and with external stakeholders
• Financial commercial & financial experience
• Experience in a similar role in another company (subsidiary), business management
• Financial Auditing
• Cross-divisional experience
• Recognised Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or working towards
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only