Senior Manager Finance, Bahrain
- Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations.
- Provide active leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, internal control and budgeting efforts of DHL Express in Bahrain.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial results and supporting information systems of DHL Express-Bahrain to include budgeting, cash flow planning and conservation of assets.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting and billing procedures in accordance with Express Control Manual (ECM).
- Establish and maintain appropriate local internal control safeguards under CRISP framework.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with IFRS and local regulatory authorities in Bahrain.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to avoid disruption to the business.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze balance sheet account reconciliation statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff, giving timely performance feedback and ensuring that they are developed to their maximum potential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Finance Team in Bahrain has joint responsibility (with the AP Finance Shared Services-AP FSSC) for billing, accounting and budget support for the entity’s activities. Whilst reporting into MENA CFO and dotted line to Country Manager, there is also a high level of interaction with the AP FSSC and as such, the job holder needs good communication skills to ensure country and area requirements are met.
b) Reports to
MENA CFO & dotted line to Country Manager
c) Directly Supervises
Controlling & Customer Accounting Staffs
- MENA Finance
- AP Finance Shared Service Centre
- Country Functional Managers
- Corporate Internal auditors
- Global Express Controlling/Treasury
- Local banks
- External Auditors
- Local regulatory authorities
e) Problem Solving
- Close liaison is required with other departments in order to ensure that all costs incurred are within budget and forecast constraints.
- Areas of problem solving may include analysis and explanation of budget variances as well as reviewing and amending systems, procedures and processes for maximum control, efficiency and performance (within Network parameters).
f) Decision Making
The incumbent has responsibility for compliance in all procedural matters that relate either to statutory or ECM & CRISP.
g) Planning and Organization
Planning & organizing monthly and annual cycles is a key skill. It is also required in managing any finance related projects.
h) Position Challenge
The main challenges of this position are securing all assets of the business, both tangible and intangible; ensuring the integrity of all reported financial information; meeting tight deadlines required in both budgeting and monthly processes. Finding ways to improve productivity and efficiency to cope with increasing workload within strict headcount controls is becoming increasingly important as is the cost variance analysis side of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University Degree and a Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent (MBA, CPA, ACCA)
- Minimum three years DHL experience
- Minimum of three years experience as a Finance Manager in a regional area role
- Good knowledge of global air express business
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and spreadsheets
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail, meticulous and thorough
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Budgeting and cost controlling skills
- Presentation skills
- Project management
- Ability to enforce financial rules as necessary
- Arabic speaker and fluent in English
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Bahrain
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only