Position: Shift Manager
Customer: The Range
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 26/10/2018
For the role of Shift Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage the day to day operation of warehouse through effective leadership of team and supporting the Site Manager in achieving sites KPI's & cost budget objectives.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
• Team management, by building and maintaining relationships to provide clear communication, support and development of team and generation of excellent EOS results
• Delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with the desire to exceed all targets
• Achieving high accuracy and service levels
• Effective leadership of the operational and administration teams against budget parameters through an open and honest team culture
• Ensuring H&S standards, policy and obligations are adhered to and that the operation meets all legislative requirements at all times. Be pro-active in preventing accidents & reducing hazards
• Team building and morale management including multi-skilling and cross functional understanding. - Show commitment to continuous development of all team members through regular reviews and training (including self)
• Being able to achieve maximum stock availability, order accuracy and to ensure that Company service level targets are achieved
• Ensuring compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
• Responsibility for compliance with all First Choice initiative processes, ensuring implementation and understanding of your team
• Maximising accuracy, productivity and space utilization while meeting erratic volume forecasting routines
• Liaising with customer contacts as required.
• Standing in for Site Lead as senior operational person on site when required and be fully flexible to meet the needs of the business as required by the Site Lead
• Ensuring daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished
(i.e. staffing, equipment, space) and report any deviation from the plan quickly and accurately with specific reasoning. Putting in place labour monitoring & rotas that work across a 24/7 requirement
• Understanding the WMS Red Prairie system to be able to utilise this to organise and maximise workloads and day to day activities
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Budget management
• Objective setting
• Key performance indicator development
• People Management
• Workload planning & rota generation
• Logistics industry experience
• Management experience
• Fully Flexible in hours of work and routines
• Project Management (desirable)
• Preventative maintenance routines (desirable)
• Red Prairie WMS knowledge (desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
45 hours per week. Any 5 from 7.
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required