Position: Shift Manager x3
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Customer: The Range
Shift Pattern: 12 week rotation (8 weeks weekly rotation of 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm, then 4 weeks of 10pm-6am)
Contract Type: 2x Permanent (Full-Time), 1x 3-6 month Secondment
Closing Date for Applications: 22rd November 2017
For the role of Shift Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you plan, co-ordinate and manage the FLM team within the warehouse to achieve the daily planned customer volume. Flexible to overall site actions and procedures to drive the business forward with minimal supervision. Ensure contractual compliance for the contract at the site
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Manage the daily plan of work across all shifts with continuous improvement and flexibility
• Ensuring that all key SOP's and RA's are followed and written as a remit of the role by all parties
• To maintain standards of H&S within the warehouse operation and enhance and develop the procedures and policies
• To manage the team of FLM's on each shift including development, succession planning and performance
• Ensure compliance and team engagement for high EOS scores and maintaining the site development
• Efficiently plan customer’s requirements daily and manage against key KPI's
• Ensure that all FLM's follow the standard processes and procedures and develop and change these as the site progresses
• Ensure that the warehouse H&S standards are maintained and continuously improved
• Team engagement in all areas, from day to day actions, to PDP, staff monitoring and maintenance of site rules
• Align resources and plans for optimal site efficiencies and staff controls, including all counselling, discipline and grievance controls
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Experience of management at senior level
• Experience of PI and CI methodologies
• Understanding of MHE and H&S standards
• Understanding of best practices
• Prepare KPI reports, ensuring accurate reporting to the Contract General Manager
• Has been trained in all First Choice Methodology
• Ability to travel or work away from site to develop self and others
• High school/secondary education essential
• Supply Chain, Warehouse & Distribution experience essential
• Experience of a minimum of 5 years in warehouse activities
• IOSH trained
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required