Forklift Operator (US) - 1696 - Aurora IL MWRC (Aurora, IL)
Come work for a dynamic international company, the leader in worldwide logistics and supply chain management!
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 4:45am-2:45pm
WAGES & BENEFITS:
· Start at $15.50 per hour + $0.75 shift premium for PM shifts and weekend days (Saturday and Sunday)
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits at very low cost to you
· 401(k) with company match
· Overtime available
· Quarterly attendance bonuses
· Quarterly safety and performance bonuses
· Employee referral program up to $500.00
· Quarterly employee appreciation events
· Retention bonuses
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· Dedicated trainers on all shifts to focus on your development
· Our program provides the tools and attention needed for you to succeed
· Safety committee - Help contribute to a safer workplace for everyone
· Associate Relations Committee - Have a say in improving our company
· Employee survey – Help us get better
· Positive working environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation
· Career advancement - Our site places high importance on personal development and promotion from within
Virtual Job Tryout:
After completing your application, DHL Supply Chain asks that you also complete a Virtual Job Tryout (VJT). The VJT provides a realistic job preview to each applicant allowing you to learn about DHL and DHL about you.
You will be sent a separate email after completing your application, the Subject Line: DHL Supply Chain Virtual Job Tryout. This email will provide further information and a link to begin the VJT. Please complete the VJT as quickly as possible to further advance your application.
What will you do in this role? Our Forklift Operators are responsible for moving stock from one area to another within our warehouse environment. You'll load and unload shipments of various sizes, and you may use certain types of equipment such as stand-up, sit-down, or clamp forklifts and electric pallet jacks. Our environment is team oriented, fast paced and safety focused. We move products that people need and want. At DHL, YOU will be an essential part of everyday life.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using various types of forklifts or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Change equipment battery or LP tank and monitor power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
- Six months warehouse experience, preferred
- Six months forklift operation experience
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn