Operations Systems Manager (US-N) - 5404 - Arvin CA WERC (Arvin, CA)
Operations Systems Manager
Are you an Technology professional interested in automation and digitalization?
Are you an energetic, problem solving leader looking for a fast-paced customer-centric environment?
Do you thrive working with internal and external customers; coordinating systems, project timelines and solutions?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you!
Manages warehouse management system (WMS) functionality and business analytics for a site or network of sites.
Warehouse Management System (WMS)
• Understands the WMS database structure.
• Performs advanced configuration of the WMS.
• Understands system-specific coding language.
• Lead sector initiatives to improve WMS functionality.
• Coordinates and conducts (as applicable) the collection and analysis of systems and operational data. Provides recommendations to improve efficiency of operations.
• Investigates discrepancies and assists in the design of procedures to reduce/eliminate site impact.
• Coordinate feasibility analyses on processes and equipment, which includes the calculation of cost/benefit, identification of business impacts, and the proposing of solutions.
• Interfaces with the Operations Team to review procedures and maximize site or network efficiencies.
• Possesses an advanced knowledge of SQL
o Writes advanced queries to include use of sub-queries
o Performs basic query optimization, indexing, and pivoting
• Possesses an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
o Uses advanced functionality (e.g. HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Arrays)
o Records macros and manipulates VBA code
• Identifies requirements, creates, runs, and manipulates site management and/or customer reports.
• Identifies requirements, develops, and implements analytical tools that identify areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and enhancing operations. Reviews analytical tools that others develop.
• Fully comprehends warehouse activities and dependencies to design and implement warehouse processes and workflows.
• Interfaces with the Operations Team to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies.
• Contributes to, reviews, and edits the Cost Model.
• Contributes to, reviews, and edits a warehouse layout with respect to the Cost Model and Customer Profile.
• Serves as site or network liaison for internal and external systems-related groups.
• Coordinates technical support for site or network operations and systems.
• Serves as site or network lead for systems implementations and modifications.
• Interfaces with the Customer to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
• Understands and can execute all site level DHL system change control processes.
• Ability to develop and execute test plans and project plans.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in IT similar field or equivalent experience, required
• 4+ years of transportation or logistics experience., required
• 4+ years of experience in a similar role, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.