Administrative Assistant II (US) - 5404 - Arvin CA WERC (Arvin, CA)
Provide administrative and clerical support to management including the management of personnel records. Work under general supervision of the General Manager while providing personal secretarial services and administrative assistance. Exercise discretion and judgment on occasion and provide courteous, responsive, and accurate information to associates.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, deciding who can be redirected to subordinate managers or to others offices.
- Provide information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of the manager’s area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices and operations.
- Perform confidential administrative functions where reports could have an effect on cost. (Typing, proofing and assembling reports or proposals for customers or outside agencies and taking, transcribing and distributing minutes for important meetings)
- Maintain departmental records and prepare reports.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and arrange travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
- Open and review all mail directed to management staff. Compose responses to routine inquiries, and decide which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward the appropriate items.
- Follow up on all assignments delegated to subordinate managers as to status, completion, etc.
- Maintain administrative filing system including items that are confidential.
- Process weekly payroll records.
- Serve as central communication point for associates.
- Operate office equipment including fax, copier, printer, and binding machines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two years related experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.