- This role is primarily to develop and support application software for use within our business.
- To lead / support other software developers through sharing of best practices and to keep abreast of new technologies to ensure that the development teams are working in the most effective way.
- To interpret business and user requirements for new software, or software changes, carry out database design, software development, implementation support and application support post go live.
- Carry out product management activities on selected internally and customer developed applications.
- Development of IT Road Map.
- Managing and supporting European and global operations.
- Supporting our global customer who is requesting further innovation from DHL into their supply chain.
·Supporting a complex existing IT Estate consisting of a number of Supplier systems alongside internally developed systems and smaller applications hosted upon both customer and DHL infrastructure.
·Interpret user requirements and develop a complex application from initial concept to final implementation.
·Monitor, investigate and resolve issues with system performance or functionality.
· Provide L2 and L3 Line IT support for relevant applications. Provide comprehensive support and assessment for development.
·Provide technical assistance to the rest of the team with 1). coding issues, 2). tips and techniques for integration of bespoke code with other products, utilities, databases, etc., 3). interpretation, impact and implementation approach for technical standards and technical guidelines.
·Promote and share best practice and explain use of new tools, techniques, functions and features to other members of the team and the wider DHL community.
·Make recommendations for improvements and or fixes of application infrastructure. Ensure that risks are identified and resolved before they become issues.
·Identify opportunities where the implementation of relevant new technologies could improve application development performance, security and/or functionality capabilities.
·Undertake R&D activities where appropriate; assess new functionality available in new software releases. Assess new technologies, methodologies and toolsets, where appropriate develop recommendations, procedures and processes as to how these can be integrated into internal toolsets and help other developers to understand their use.
·Identify security vulnerabilities, or server performance concerns. Recommend and implement revised processes, modified configurations, new code etc. to resolve any such issues.
·Responsible for managing and governing the AGILE / DePICT / Prince2 project management methodology and risk management process.
·Develop a culture of respect and trust, while delivering high performance within the team.
Requirements for the Job
·1-2 years in a similar role
• Degree in computer science or related technical discipline or more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• English (Fluent)
• Strong process and analytical skills with natural accuracy and eye for detail.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent development skills using C#, SQL Server and standard components.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure Technologies incl. Database architecture and Machine Learning.
• Strong understanding of computers, IT, IT trends, specifically knowledge and good understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Cloud Technology and modern BI Tools
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Able to identify risk within a project and/or application and resolve.
• Good knowledge of product development lifecycle.
• Good technical knowledge of the hardware and software environments for hosting enterprise scale applications.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate at appropriate level to any audience.
•Proven experience of managing multiple project simultaneously.
• Good Knowledge of Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation solutions.
• Good knowledge of Depict project management methods.
• Good knowledge of Agile development techniques.
• Good knowledge of ITIL framework.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
• Basic Networking (TCP/IP) – optional.
• Microsoft Project - optional.
Facts and Figures
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn