Service Point Advisor
The Counter Advisor is responsible for answering customer inquiries both over the phone and across the counter, ensures that collection and deliveries of shipments are processed as per network standards and provide a competent, courteous, efficient and proactive point of contact for customers both internal and external. The Advisor is also responsible in helping to achieve revenue targets through effectively promoting and selling DHL’s products and value-added services.
1.Act as an ambassador for DHL at all times and attend to customer needs in a professional, friendly and courteous manner
2.Ensure that a high level of professional rapport is developed and maintained with all customers
3.Maintain proactive work processes to ensure teamwork, shuttle procedures and overall base performance is achieved
4.Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism taking into account the consideration that all DHL customers have an express requirement and are looking for instant and immediate action
5.Process all shipments accepted at the counter accurately and enter relevant data so as to ensure perfect airwaybills thus offering DHL’s most suitable service to the customer
6.Promote and sell DHL’s value-added services such as Insurance, Import Express and TDD and participate actively in the Sales Lead programme to contribute to the country revenue
7.Work effectively both individually and as part of a team to achieve both individual and department goals and objectives and strive consistently to promote a positive team spirit
8.Deal competently with customer complaints and take all possible actions to resolve the issue to their fullest satisfaction with minimal intervention of team leaders
9.Ensure all shipments are manifested by end of each shift and also ensure all documents and invoices pertaining to WPX shipments are imaged for quicker clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Sound educational back ground with knowledge of the Service Industry, an added advantage
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Good oral and written communication skills – English & Arabic preferable
• Self motivated individual capable of working independently
• Self-starter, working most times without supervision.
• Tolerance for stress in a fast paced working environment.
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Flexibility to perform various job functions
• Passion for delighting customers
• Typing speed of 30 words per minute
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn