First Line Manager
Role: First Line Manager
Status: Full Time Permanent
Grade: RCS N
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Shift based cover between 06:00 and 18:00
Closing Date: Thursday 27th June 2019
Inside Track (part of the DHL group) are the premier automotive logistics provider in the UK, we work with some of the best manufacturers in the world moving vehicles on their behalf and providing class leading customer service.
We are looking for a First Line Manager to lead a team of Trade Plate Drivers at our site in Alconbury.
Your main purpose will be to inspire the driver team to exceed expectations on customer service. You will coordinate and manage the driver resource to achieve daily customer volume. You will represent our client to our customers and will be expected to drive standards within your team that match and exceed their expectations.
Other duties include:
- Respond to or escalate customer issues within clear guidelines and recommend solutions.
- Manage day-to-day performance, including achievement of agreed customer KPIs and other internal KPIs.
- Participate in regular team reviews, including performance, audit results, compliance, conformity, CAPAs, follow up actions and recommendations for improvements.
If you're an active leader with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us!
All we ask from you is that you have:
- A full valid driving licence..
- Experience in a Supply Chain or Logistics environment.
- The ability to multi-task, while managing priorities.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Employee motivation and engagement skills.
- The ability to deliver very high levels of customer service to both internal & external customers.
- Experience of all aspect of people management, appraisals, investigation meeting & disciplinary hearings.
From us you will get (among other things):
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays
- Medical cover
- Discount scheme for major online & high street retailers
- Free Parking
Apply now and start your journey with us.
About Inside Track:
Inside Track (part of the DHL group) is the premier automotive marketing services business specialising in event management, fleet management and vehicle logistics. We are experienced in the automotive industry, where we understand what works and how best to connect brands with their audiences. We are passionate and focused on the industry with a keen awareness of the trends and challenges. Our people are the true ambassadors for our clients and their products. We work with some of the best names in the automotive industry including: Ford, VW Group, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover, we pride ourselves on believing the impossible isn’t!
You may also have experience of: Transport Manager, Team Manager, First Line Manager, FLM, Automotive Manager, Team Leader, Driving Manager, Transport Supervisor, Transport Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Manager, Trade Plate Driver, Driver, CPC, Demonstrator Driver, Delivery Driver, Automotive Logistics, etc.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
Monday to Friday 06:00 - 19:00 - rotating shifts within these operating hours
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only