Ensuring that all material received into the Facility is sorted in time to meet flight/truck deadlines for re-distribution/delivery. To co-ordinate the Airside daily operations, keeping all load supervisors advised of arriving/departing flights to maintain OTP.Complete communication links between Airside, NCG, Sort and 3rd party handlers.
·Ensure that all activities are carried out according to the quality and THP procedures through regular spot checks/audits.
- To communicate effectively and in a timely manner information regarding movement of material to relevant departments/destinations.
- Ensure staff adhere to the company’s safety policy regarding forklift and equipment usage.
- Keep abreast of all changes in network requirements/routings and ensure effective communication is passed onto team members.
- Ensure proper sorting and physical loading of all material is done as per the assigned ZIP code or camp and the movement to avoid service failures.
- Take immediate action in the event of any service failures to prevent recurrence and ensure reporting/feedback is provided.
- Ensure team briefing is conducted at the beginning of each shift and staff are updated with relevant Ops issues.
- Ensure all ULD’s/cages/bags are built to network standards to prevent shipment/equipment damage.
- Ensure that all ULD’s are correctly manifested by origin & destination.
3-NATURE AND SCOPE
The various supervisors in the IQ operation are directly responsible for the day to day smooth running of there respective areas within the operation. They must ensure that all operational issues are resolved so that required service level expectation are met and maintained.
Basic day to day ensuring that all shipments are processed within the network standards. The supervisors are required to sort any problems pertaining to staff issues on shift, and to deal with any mechanical failure and operational contingency that needs to be put in place.
c)Decision Making :
Requirement to make often “last minute’ decisions regarding the day to day sort process such as allocation of staff. They are also required to have input when operational contingencies need to be actioned.
d)Planning and Organisation
The day to day activities of the sort staff will need to be planned and organized by the IQ supervisor to achieve increased efficiency and ensure that all material is processed within given deadlines to achieve on time uplift.
a)Position Challenge :
Must be able to motivate a team of staff to achieve optimum efficiency and accuracy whilst working within small time windows.
4.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
·Team player and good communicator.
·Good command of English language both written and oral.
·Good planning and organisational skills.
·Good all round PC skills with different software applications
·Capable of working under pressure
·Ability to build, lead, coach and motivate a high performing team
·Committed to delivering quality results and exceeding expectations.
·Flexibility to work either a day or night as prepared to go that ‘extra mile’ dependent on Operational requirements.
·Good understanding of the network schedule and the service levels required.
·Understanding of the various kinds of DHL products that pass through the USPS facility.
·Demonstrate a high level of commitment and energy to the role.
·A good understanding of how DHL works, network of relevant internal contacts is essential
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Afghanistan
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only