DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION EXPLAINS HOW AND WHY PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED AS PART OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AT DEUTSCHE POST DHL GROUP IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) OF THE EUROPEAN UNION OR AN EQUIVALENT LEGISLATION APPLY. FOR INFORMATION REGARDING INDIVIDUAL COUNTRIES, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS AT THE END OF THIS PAGE.
Applicant data protection information in further languages are available here:
1. WHY IS THIS INFORMATION BEING PROVIDED?
The protection of your personal data, such as your contact details and your curriculum vitae, and their processing in accordance with regulations is important to the Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group & Group Companies. For this reason, we would like to inform you about how we process your data in connection with your application and in the context of filling vacant positions. The processing of your data is in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, if applicable, other applicable legal provisions on data protection. The processing includes, among other things, the collection, storage, use, modification and deletion of your data.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The DPDHL Group Company specified in the job advertisement is responsible for any positions advertised and for any data processing undertaken in connection with your application. The relevant contact details are in the job advertisement.
Deutsche Post AG (Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 20, 53113 Bonn, Germany) provides you and Deutsche Post DHL Group Companies with the central website (DPDHL.jobs) to view details of global job opportunities, along with centralized tools such as Job Alerts.
3. WHO IS THE POINTED DATA PROTECTION REPRESENTATIVE?
If you have a query with regard to the processing of your personal data, please make contact by using the following e-mail address: Data-Protection-Recruiting@DPDHL.com. Please specify the name and location of the company to which you have made an application e.g. DHL International (UK) Ltd, United Kingdom. For all other queries you may contact the contact person stipulated in the job advertisement.
4. CONTACTING THE DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY WITH A CONCERN
If you are of the opinion that your data protection rights have not been sufficiently respected you may lodge a complaint to the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The Data Protection Supervisory Authority for the European Economic Area can be found on the website for the European Data Protection Board (EDPB).
5. HOW WILL YOUR DATE BE USED?
Your data will be used by the Companies belonging to DPDHL Group for the purpose of recruitment process and contacting you concerning matters connected to your job application. In addition your data may be used in the following processes:
a. INITAL APPLICATION
Your application to a Group Company will be handled by employees who are involved in the application process. They process your data only for purposes connected with your application.
b. UNSOLICITED APPLICATION
If you make an application to us that does not relate to a specific vacant position, we will assume, unless you tell us otherwise, that all applicable Group Companies may use your data in order to make you aware of any vacant positions that might be suitable for you. Your data will be stored for this purpose within DPDHL’s recruiting websites. The individual Group Companies will use this data to search for suitable candidates for current or future vacancies. You can withdraw your unsolicited application at any time. To do so, simply notify the Group Company to which you sent your application.
c. INTER-COMPANY APPLICATION
In the event that you apply for a specific vacant position with a Group Company, we will only forward your data to other Group Companies for the purposes of possibly filling vacant positions within that Company, provided that you give us your consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
d. DATA RECONCILIATION FOR COMPLIANCE PURPOSES
We are obliged by law to ensure that we do not provide financial means to recipients under sanctions pursuant to EU anti-terror laws (sanctions list) and other applicable national legislation. Therefore, we are obliged to screen data that we receive from candidates with sanction parties lists and applicable sanctions legislation.
e. REGISTRATION ON A CAREER PAGE
If one of our career websites offers registration, the data required for access (such as name, email address and password) will only be used for the purpose of securing the access to the career website and the data that you have stored. Where necessary, you can find more information on the career website about how your data is processed.
f. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
To improve our job advertisements and overall recruitment processes, we may do analysis and assessments on the data we receive for statistical purposes. For example, how many applicants have applied for a particular job, or for how long a vacancy was advertised? In this context, we process data about current and former applicants, e.g. how far from the workplace the applicant lives. Our legitimate interest is to improve our job advertisement and recruitment processes as is the legal basis for this type of processing. You may object to the processing of your personal data for this purpose based on your particular circumstances in accordance to Art. 21 of the DSGVO.
g. JOB ALERTS
If you enable the Job Alert function, your email address will be used to inform you about current job vacancies within our Group Companies that fit your search criteria (category, location).
6. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Usually you store your own data on our career website. You can also find additional information on the website about how your data is processed. If you send your application to us via a different channel, as a rule we will also store your data on our career website. If you supply data via publicly available networks, or platforms used for professional purposes, we will process this data in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of use of the operating company of that network. Where we work with recruitment agencies, we assume that those agencies forward your data to us having sought your prior consent.
7. What data do you need to provide?
In addition to your core data and contact details, we require personal data from you that provides an insight into how suitable you are for the position in question (application data). Unless there is a legal obligation to provide information about certain personal requirements, e.g. proof of credentials for drivers or pilots, you decide what data you will provide to us. If you seek the application of specific legal rights, for example; recourse to rights for disabled persons during the application process, you can specify your disability in your letter of application. There is no obligation for you to do so.
8. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- Core data (surname, first name, date of birth)
- Contact details (address, telephone number, email address, etc.)
- Application data such as curriculum vitae, covering letter, certificates, references and anything further you provide to us or wish to disclose during interviews
- Photograph, where applicable
- Nationality and work permit, where applicable
- Details about suitability in respect of health, where applicable
- Previous convictions where this is applicable to the advertised position, e. g. for drivers
- Account details to reimburse you for travel expenses, for example
- Data about you that you have provided via publicly available networks or platforms used for professional purposes, in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of use of the operating company.
- Access data for the career platform (user name and password), where applicable
- Status of communication and communication media (e.g. information about the receipt of the application or about conducting a telephone interview), if applicable
9. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
We will process your data for the purposes of making a decision about the possible establishment of an employment relationship. Depending on the individual application, the following legal bases may apply:
- 6 (1) a GDPR (your consent),
- 6 (1) b GDPR (the potential employment contract),
- 6 (1) c GDPR (our legal obligation) and
- 6 (1) f GDPR (our legitimate interests).
Other applicable legal provisions may give rise to other data protection requirements.
10. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
In general, your data will be processed by a person authorized to do so for the Group Company to which you are making an application. For the purposes of undertaking the application process, some Group Companies may engage specially trained employees from other Group companies (intra-group service providers) or contracted external service providers. In all cases, assurance is given that corresponding agreements are in place that ensure your data is handled in accordance with data protection legislation.
Your data will only be accessed by individuals who are authorized to do so. If your data is passed on within the Group, the conditions outlined under 5a and 5b will apply. Group-wide recruitment processes may further stipulate that, alongside the line manager and the HR Department of the Group Company in which the position is vacant, technical and recruitment service providers, both from other Group companies and external companies, can access your data. Where applicable, the responsible Works Council and the representative body for “disabled” individuals may also use your data to exercise their statutory participation rights during the recruitment process. Group-wide processes such as IT outsourcing, for example, may stipulate that employees of various Group companies are authorized to access your data.
11. HOW IS DATA TRASFERRED TO RECIPIENTS IN COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
12. HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE STORED FOR?
We will store your data until you withdraw your (unsolicited) application or you decide to withdraw the consent you have given to be included in our pool of applicants in connection with your application for a specific position. If the recruitment process concludes without your application succeeding we will store your data for a further six months, unless applicable provisions give rise to any other retention periods. If you are appointed, we will add your data to your personnel file.
13. WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR MAKING A DECISION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION?
Applications are generally assessed by employees of the HR department that is responsible for the job advertisement. If in exceptional cases an automated decision is taken within a permissible framework or certain information about you is automatically processed and assessed and a prediction is made about you (for the purposes of building a profile), the Group Company to which you apply will inform you about your rights to be heard and/or to object.
14. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE ACCORDING TO THE GDPR?
In accordance with the statutory provisions, you are entitled to:
- Withdraw any consent you have given which affects any the future processing or actions using your data(Article 7 (3) GDPR)
- Receive information about the data that we have stored about you (Article 15 (1) GDPR)
- Receive a copy of your data that we have stored (electronically, where applicable) (Art. 15 (3) GDPR)
- Demand that we rectify incorrect data that we have stored about you (Article 16 GDPR)
- Demand that we delete your data that we are no longer permitted to store (Article 17 (1) GDPR)
- Object to your data being processed for the purposes of maintaining our legitimate interests (Article 21 GDPR)
- Be consulted in the event of automated decision-making and your rights to contest the outcome (Article 22 GDPR).
15. HOW DO YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
To exercise your rights, please use our career website or contact the relevant contact person involved in the application process. To ensure that your request is directed to the correct Group Company, you will need to specify the name and location of the Group company to which you have made an application e.g. DHL International (UK) Ltd., United Kingdom.
16. CHANGES TO THIS INFORMATION
This information is correct as at June 2020. Please note that we reserve the right to amend this information as required.